Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Perfect for cool autumn days.
- 1 cup whole raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the raisins in a bowl and toss them with 2 tablespoons of the flour until lightly coated.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the oil.
- One by one, mixing well after each addition, add the remaining flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and vanilla.
- Mix in the apples and nuts, then stir in the raisins by hand.
- Pour into a buttered and floured bundt pan and bake about 30-35 minutes.
- Turn cooled cake out onto a plate.
- To make the glaze, stir the maple syrup and sugar until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
YUMMY! I loved this cake it was Yummy, I did alter the ingredients, Personally I am not a fan of (chunks) of apple in my cake so I grated the stated amount instead and it was a very moist delicious cake, My husband loved it I iced it in vanilla and cinnamon icing Delicious !
I made this cake for a friends' birthday party on 10-14-06 (she loves spice cake). I added a cup of apple butter and a cup of chunky cinnamon apple sauce to it (instead of the cut up apples). It was sooo good. Everyone absolutely loved it. Even the kids. The glaze on top was delicious. Also, I made extra glaze and put half into the center of the batter before baking it. Kind of gave it a "swirly, crunchy cinnamon" center. Great recipe!!
This is recipe is too wonderful for words! Thank you so much for sharing it!