Recipe by Jennifer Iadevaia
Perfect for cool autumn days.
Top Review by CupcakeCrazey
YUMMY! I loved this cake it was Yummy, I did alter the ingredients, Personally I am not a fan of (chunks) of apple in my cake so I grated the stated amount instead and it was a very moist delicious cake, My husband loved it I iced it in vanilla and cinnamon icing Delicious !
- 1 cup whole raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the raisins in a bowl and toss them with 2 tablespoons of the flour until lightly coated.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the oil.
- One by one, mixing well after each addition, add the remaining flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and vanilla.
- Mix in the apples and nuts, then stir in the raisins by hand.
- Pour into a buttered and floured bundt pan and bake about 30-35 minutes.
- Turn cooled cake out onto a plate.
- To make the glaze, stir the maple syrup and sugar until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides.