Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Apple Spice Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars and lemon peel until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- Stir in the pecans and apple.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9- or 10-in. bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over low heat.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour over cake, immediately sprinkle with pecans.