1 hr 15 mins
From Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars and lemon peel until fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- 5Stir in the pecans and apple.
- 6Pour into a greased and floured 9- or 10-in. bundt pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9For glaze, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over low heat.
- 10Stir in cream.
- 11Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- 12Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 13Pour over cake, immediately sprinkle with pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Spice Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g