4 hrs 15 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
This is the recipe I developed for a turkey breast destined for my stove-top smoker. I'll never make another turkey breast without using this method. It was so moist and flavorful! UPDATE: Just smoked a large turkey breast on the stove top using an enamel roasting pan, with lid. I made a small tray of aluminum foil for the wood chips and placed at one end on the bottom of the roaster . Placed a sheet of heavy duty foil on top of wood chips as a drip tray (turned up corners to catch juices). Then placed a small rack (I used a collapsible steam basket) on top of the foil to hold the meat. Once smoke started, I placed the roaster lid on top and then crimped heavy duty foil over the top. Worked perfectly! Besure to run the vent on the stove or open a window slightly. The smell within the house was heavenly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucpan stir together, apple cider, brown sugar, salt, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Remove from heat and add water and allow to cool.
- 4Place poultry in a container large enough to hold the poultry (I used plastic container for a turkey breast).
- 5Pour cooled brine over poultry and seal. (If using a ziplock bag, squeeze out as much as possible before sealing).
- 6Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 7PREPARE STOVE-TOP SMOKER:.
- 8Add 2 tablespoon Alder wood to bottom of stove-top smoker.
- 9Line drip tray with foil and spray.
- 10Remove turkey from brine and place on rack.
- 11Use closing lid if possible, otherwise fashion an aluminum tent for the cover.
- 12Follow stove-smokers manufacture instructions for smoking poultry.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Spice Brine for Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14160.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: