Recipe by Khyricat
These are yummy in any variation (I have altered the spices, added other fruits, removed the apples completely, etc...)
Top Review by rhondalynne
Wonderful!!! These almost didn't make it to the oven, the batter was that good! The house smells wonderful, the kids chowed on these and I need to make more!! I made exactly as listed except used 1 whole egg instead of 2 egg whites. No topping this time but I may use one next time. A powdered sugar glaze would easily make these into a yummy dessert-type muffin!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- grease muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cream the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add everything down to the flour and blend well.
- Then stir in the flour until it forms a thick batter.
- Dice/slice apple (peel if you desire, I don't always).
- If using slices, place a small spoonful of batter in the bottom of each muffin tin, then arrange slices and add rest of batter. If using chunks just put them in before batter or after (either they wind up on top or bottom of the muffins).
- bake for 25-30 minutes (until firm to the touch).