Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are yummy in any variation (I have altered the spices, added other fruits, removed the apples completely, etc...)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 apple
- Preheat oven to 325.
- grease muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cream the first 3 ingredients together.
- Add everything down to the flour and blend well.
- Then stir in the flour until it forms a thick batter.
- Dice/slice apple (peel if you desire, I don't always).
- If using slices, place a small spoonful of batter in the bottom of each muffin tin, then arrange slices and add rest of batter. If using chunks just put them in before batter or after (either they wind up on top or bottom of the muffins).
- bake for 25-30 minutes (until firm to the touch).
Wonderful!!! These almost didn't make it to the oven, the batter was that good! The house smells wonderful, the kids chowed on these and I need to make more!! I made exactly as listed except used 1 whole egg instead of 2 egg whites. No topping this time but I may use one next time. A powdered sugar glaze would easily make these into a yummy dessert-type muffin!
These were incredible. I added a crumb topping of 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 TBS, flour, 2 TBS melted margarine, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 TBS rolled oats. Also upped cinammon in recipe to 1 tsp. I will make again and again!
These were quite delicious! I used whole wheat flour, Splenda for the sugar, extra applesauce for the oil & upped the cinn to 2 tsp. I didn't have any apples so I left them out, but will keep it in mind for next time :-). I also sprinkled some cinn/Splenda mix on top before baking. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!