Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
On of my favorite ways to make an apple pie,
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 cups peeled peeled cored sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pastry crust
- Filling: In large bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Blend in sour cream and vanilla, Add apples and mix thoroughly to coat all slices. Transfer to pie shell, smoothing top.
- Crumble topping: Mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter to make coarse crumble. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is browned. If rim of pie browns too quickly, cover with strips of foil.