1/1 Photo of Apple Sour Cream Cinnamon Walnut Bundt Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is a rich and extremely moist coffee cake with a layering of walnuts and cinnamon in ribbons in the middle and on top of this cake. This cake can also be baked in a tube pan, see note on bottom. You will get many rave reviews when you serve this cake! You can also make this cake even without the apples, it is still great, but I think even better with the apples!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CINNAMON NUT FILLING
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (no subs!)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (take out of the fridge 30 minutes before using)
- 295.73 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract or 4.92 ml pure maple extract
- 2 large chopped granny smith apples, coarsely chopped (or use a similar firm apple)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Generously butter a bundt pan and then flour (shaking out excess flour).
- 4In a bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5In a small food processor, PULSE the walnuts, 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar until the nuts are chopped.
- 6Add in 1/4 cup melted butter and pulse once or twice to combine; set aside.
- 7To make the cake: In a large bowl beat the 1 cup softened butter with 1-1/4 cups sugar at high speed with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
- 8Add in eggs and beat well.
- 9Beat in sour cream and vanilla until smooth and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- 10Reduce the speed to low and add in the flour mixture, mixing just until blended (the batter will be thick).
- 11Add in the chopped apples; mix to combine.
- 12Sprinkle half of the nut mixture evenly into bottom of the bundt pan.
- 13Spoon half of the batter on top of the nut mixture, spreading out with a spatula, then sprinkle the remaining nut mixture on top of the batter, then top/dollop with remaining cake batter, spreading out with a spoon.
- 14Bake for about 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 15Cool cake in the pan on a rack for about 1 hour, then run a thin knife around the inner edges.
- 16Place rack on top of the pan, then flip to invert onto rack.
- 17Cool completely.
- 18*NOTE* this cake can be baked in a tube pan, just layer the cinnamon/nut mix twice between three layers of cake batter instead of sprinkling on the bottom of the pan. Layer as follows.
- 19A third of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan then sprinkle with half of the nut mixture, then another third batter on top, the the remaining nut mixture then the remaining third of cake batter.
- 20This method works quite well, but will produce a higher cake that might take a longer time to bake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Sour Cream Cinnamon Walnut Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.6
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 722.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 51.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g