Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I had this at a B&B and asked the owners for the recipe. It is my favorite thing to eat on Christmas morning.
- 4 baking apples (I like Granny Smith or Gala)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, for garnish
- 1 cup whipping cream, 2% milk
- Peel, core, & quarter apples.
- Place in 3 quart saucepan w/water, sugar, lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat until soft & falling apart (approx. 30 to 40 mins.).
- Mash w/potato masher.
- Add more water as needed.
- Add whipping cream & milk to desired.
This is a yummy recipe! I made it just as stated. It's quick and easy, a great recipe to get the kids into the kitchen. Granny Smith apples were what I used although next time I will use a sweeter apple. Maybe I'll make it for Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for sharing. :)