Recipe by Manami
"This refreshing aperitif, a brainchild of David Arnold of the French Culinary Institute, bathes crisp matchsticks of Pink Lady apple with soju (a Korean spirit) and a little sparkle." Gourmet Magazine, 10/07 edition. I saw this cocktail and it looked interesting - thought I'd post it and see what kind of reaction it got. Chilling time at least 30 mins and up to 2 hours.
- 1 pink lady apples or 1 granny smith apple
- 2 cups soju wine (Korean wine) or 2 cups sake
- 5 cups chilled tonic water (40 fl.oz. )
- 8 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Equipment: an adjustable-blade slicer fitted with 1/4-inch julienne blade
- Cut apple into matchsticks with slicer, discarding core, then put in a pitcher and stir in soju.
- Let macerate, covered and chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Fill 8 (12-ounce) double Old Fashioned glasses with ice.
- Strain about 1/4 cup soju into each glass, then add some apple pieces to each glass.
- Top off drinks with tonic and serve with lime wedges.