I am posting this for the ZWT3 (Scandinavia). I got this recipe from a old cookbook, which my mother bought me for Christmas years ago, and I love this book. I have not tried it yet, but it looks very easy and interesting. Finnish apple snow is tradionally served in a glass bowl with a pinch of cinnamon sprinkled on the top.
- Cook apples in a covered pan with little or no water, stirring frequently. When apples are cooked add a little sugar to taste, and whisk to a smooth puree. If it is too stiff add just a little boiling water. Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the sugar, beating as fast as you can until whites form stiff peaks.
- Add lemon juice to the apple puree in another large bowl.
- Stir in a little of the beaten egg whites, and finally fold in the rest of the whites until well blended.
- Pour into a glass bowl to serve, and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon on top.