Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Microwave cooking - quick and easy snack. Pretty healthy snack for all. I've made it once and it was a hit then! Now with 'zaar I will remember to make it again! From TOH 1998 Cookbook - submitted by N. Horan
- 4 medium golden delicious apples, peeled & cored and sliced into rounds
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (I use 1/2 tsp)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (this is my addition)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In an 3 quart microwave safe baking dish, arrange the apples into two rows.
- Pour apple juice over apples.
- Sprinkle with spices and lemon peel.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes or until apples are tender - turning midway through.
Very nice apple dish! I didnt have any lemons on hand so I added some lemon juice to the apple juice to make 1/2 cup. Love cinnamon so used 1/2 teaspoon and enjoyed the flavors of the spices and the freshness the lemon juice added. Very easy to make very tasty! Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012.
This was a lovely treat with yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast, but I could see it being a nice side with pork, or a snack. I liked the lemon. Made for ZWT8
A lovely quick and healthy sweet treat which I scaled back for 1 and served with a low fat vanilla yoghurt. Thank you HokiesLady, made for Went To Market.