Recipe by Countrywife
I have no idea where I got this from. The recipe is typed on a scrap of paper and was stuck in my recipe box under "try". I was pleasantly surprised by the results.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or 28 squares finely crushed)
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend sugar, butter and eggs in a bowl with spoon.
- Stir in graham crumbs, apple and walnuts and cinnamon, if used.
- Spread batter in a greased 8X8 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.