1/4 Photos of Apple Smoked Pork Loin
2 hrs 20 mins
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
In less than three hours time a luscious smoked pork loin can be prepared and served to your hungry guests. Instead of smoking for hours and hours until the pork is falling apart tender, the pork loin is smoked until it just reaches the stage of medium done...about 155 degrees Fahrenheit. A whole pork loin is one of two strips of meat that lie on each side of the porker's backbone. Many folks confuse the loin with the tenderloin. The difference is that the loin is on the outer side of the body cavity...the tenderloin is on the inside. The tenderloin is smaller and more tender than the loin. However, the loin is still pretty darned tender. And less expensive, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe begins with a light dry rub seasoning, continues with some apple wood smoke flavor, and ends with a tasty apple-cinnamon sauce.
- 2Begin by removing all of the membrane (silver skin) and excess fat from the outside of the pork loin. Rub the loin with olive oil, then lightly season it with a bit of this dry rub mixture.
- 3Smoke the loin (using apple wood) at 225 degrees Fahrenheit for two to three hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Remove the smoked pork loin to a platter, covering lightly with foil and a kitchen towel. Let it rest for fifteen minutes before serving with the apple cinnamon sauce.
- 4Apple Cinnamon Sauce.
- 5Finely chop two large or three medium sweet apples (Fuji or Gala are great varieties for this) and place in a saucepan. Add one tablespoon sugar, one-half teaspoon each of cinnamon, paprika, salt and white pepper, and two tablespoons rice wine vinegar. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower to a simmer. Cook gently until the apples are tender.
- 6Slice the smoked pork loin and top with a spoonful of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Smoked Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.8
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 272.1 mg
- Sodium 772.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 90.4 g