Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whole Story blog readers were asked to submit their best holiday appetizer for less than 50 cents each piece. Here's their favorite, from Jo R., who got her recipe printed in The Whole Deal value guide and received a $50 gift card. This easy to assemble appetizer features the winning combination of creamy goat cheese, tart apples, rich nuts and tangy ginger.
- 1⁄4 cup creamy goat cheese spread or 1⁄4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and cut into 24 slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese onto the end of each apple slice and then arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle cheese end with pistachios and candied ginger; serve.
- If not serving right away, to avoid browning, toss apples with a splash of lemon juice(you could even use lemon lime soda!) before assembly.
Yum! So nice with all the textures and flavors! I loved the crispy apples, tangy goat cheese, sweet/spicy ginger and the salty pistachios! I put mine together at the last minute, so no lemon juice was needed. And they were scarfed down so quickly, there wasn't time for them to brown! Thanks for sharing a great eye-appealing recipe, Sharon!
Easy & perfect for a shared snack. The contrasts of textures & flavors made this a standout. I brushed the apple slices with lemon as suggested. Thank you for sharing this delight!
I used one apple from the garden for each of us. Delicius and light starter. Easy to make and effectful!
I use light salted water to prevent the oxydation of the apples.