1 hr 25 mins
Mom's note: Good, less rich than apple strips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 golden delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar (or more)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- 3In another large bowl, combine 3 cups flour and margarine. Mix with fork until crumbly. Add yeast and milk and stir until dough begins to hold together. Form into 2 balls.
- 4Roll out one ball on a lightly floured board. Place in jelly roll pan and spread apple mixture evenly on dough. Roll out other ball of dough and place it on top of the apples. Pinch edges of dough together and prick the top with a fork.
- 5Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until slightly golden. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while still warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Slice of Life
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 141.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g