Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mom's note: Good, less rich than apple strips
Make and share this Apple Slice of Life recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, combine 3 cups flour and margarine. Mix with fork until crumbly. Add yeast and milk and stir until dough begins to hold together. Form into 2 balls.
- Roll out one ball on a lightly floured board. Place in jelly roll pan and spread apple mixture evenly on dough. Roll out other ball of dough and place it on top of the apples. Pinch edges of dough together and prick the top with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until slightly golden. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while still warm.