Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Mom's note: Good, less rich than apple strips
- 8 golden delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar (or more)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 10 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, combine 3 cups flour and margarine. Mix with fork until crumbly. Add yeast and milk and stir until dough begins to hold together. Form into 2 balls.
- Roll out one ball on a lightly floured board. Place in jelly roll pan and spread apple mixture evenly on dough. Roll out other ball of dough and place it on top of the apples. Pinch edges of dough together and prick the top with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until slightly golden. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while still warm.