Recipe posted on request. It's from Jacques Pepin's Fast Food My Way cookbook, and was featured on his TV show. This is more like an apple pancake than a dessert cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut in 8 wedges (soft fleshed, preferably Empire or McIntosh)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Melt butter in 10" - 12" ovenproof non-stick skillet. Arrange apple wedges in a layer in skillet and sprinkle with sugar.
- 2Cook apples on medium to low heat about 5 minutes, then turn the apple wedges over and cook 5 minutes more.
- 3Set skillet with apples aside.
- 4Make batter:.
- 5Place all batter ingredients in a food processor and process a few seconds to combine them.
- 6Heat the broiler.
- 7Pour the batter over the apples in the skillet; cover and cook over low heat on the stove for 6 - 8 minutes.
- 8Uncover the skillet and broil 6" from the heat source for 6 - 8 minutes, until browned on top.
- 9Invert onto a serving plate, and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Cut into wedges and serve with maple syrup (optional).
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Skillet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g