Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the Doraku Restaurant, Kyoto, Japan.
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 ounces French style green beans (haricots verts)
- 1 apple, cored
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Cut block of tofu into halves lengthwise. Place on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels and a heavy skillet. Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- Place green beans in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Pat dry and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Dice apples and place in a bowl of salted water so they won’t brown.
- Combine drained tofu, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Drain apples and combine with green beans and tofu mixture. Stir well. Spoon into Romaine leaves and place on salad plates.