Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love cobblers and crisps and this is one I hope you enjoy.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- Pour into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium size bowl; mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes,or until apples are tender and topping is brown.
The topping on this crisp is very good. The amount of liquid added does cause the dish to be somewhat soupy when it comes out of the oven. We just spooned it over vanilla ice cream and it was fine.