Top Review by Nightheart
I loved this recipe, though I did add a full cup of apples and added in some cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves for flavor. Also I put some frosting on it with spices for my little sister and she just loves it though it's quite as good alone.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml butter, cold
- 118.29 ml apple, shredded (1 medium)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 0 to taste milk, for topping the scones
- 0 to taste sugar
- 0 to taste cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Measure flour, sugar, b. powder, soda, and salt into large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add apple and milk. Stir to form soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Pat into two 6-inch circles. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Score each top into six pie-shaped wedges.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and risen. Serve with warm butter and marmalade.
- Optional: Add 1/2 cup currants to batter.