- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Measure flour, sugar, b. powder, soda, and salt into large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add apple and milk. Stir to form soft dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Pat into two 6-inch circles. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Score each top into six pie-shaped wedges.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and risen. Serve with warm butter and marmalade.
- Optional: Add 1/2 cup currants to batter.