1/3 Photos of Apple Schmarren
This is a great treat for breakfast, and it's so good for something so easy. Use a non-stick pan for the best results. I found it in a magazine I had picked up at a dollar stores years ago. It's a pancake. No, it's apple bread pudding. No, it's Apple Schmarren! A Note: Bev, who made and reviewed this recipe, gave her technique for turning the Schmarren in one piece. It tastes great either way, but if you have the time and patience, I would suggest Bev's technique. It's a much nicer presentation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled & sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Prepare the cinnamon sugar by mixing 1 tbs. of confectioner's sugar with 1 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- 4Add the milk and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- 5Add the apple slices and raisins, and stir to mix well.
- 6In a 10-inch non stick skillet, heat the butter or margarine until it just begins to sizzle and spread it around the bottom of the pan.
- 7Pour in the batter all at once and fry.
- 8Don't stir and turn too often, as you want it to brown nicely on both sides, and break up just a little, so you have large pieces.
- 9When done, remove to plates and sprinkle each serving with cinnamon sugar.
- 10Depending on your taste, you may not use all the cinnamon sugar, so just save it for another time.
- 11This makes 2 small servings, or one large.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Schmarren
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.4
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 268.6 mg
- Sodium 525.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g