1/1 Photo of Apple-Sausage Stuffing for Turkey
1 hr 20 mins
I found this recipe in an old Homemaker's magazine. I made it for a Thanksgiving dinner a few years ago, and now whenever it's my turn to cook a holiday meal, I have to make this! It's easy and delicious. I prefer making the stuffing as a side dish, rather than stuffing the turkey, so the turkey cooks quicker and it makes less of a mess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage until no longer pink, about 10 min, stir often.
- 2Drain most of the fat (leave about a tablespoon).
- 3Add onions and celery, cook another 3 minute.
- 4Stir in apples, sage, thyme, and marjoram, cook another 5 minutes.
- 5Add 1 cup of chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in bread, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish.
- 8(This recipe can be made ahead to this point, it will keep in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for 2 weeks. If frozen, thaw in fridge before baking).
- 9Bake, covered, in 325°F oven for about 40 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, drizzle with the remaining chicken stock.
- 10Remove the lid and bake 10 more minutes, until the stuffing has a crusty top and is heated through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Sausage Stuffing for Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 717.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g