Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can make your own stuffing and use for this recipe I just typically use Stove Top Pork Flavored. I try to always use unflavored/unseasoned Pork Sausage. I typically use Granny Smith Apples for this recipe but any kind of apple works just use your favorite kind. For the Cajun Seasoning I usually use Emeril's Essence.
- 4 thick-cut bone in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (i use olive oil)
- 1 prepared box pork flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 -3 cooked then diced pork sausage
- 3 skinned and diced apples
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat your oven for 400 degrees.
- Cut a 'pocket' in each of your Pork Chops were the 'stuffing mixture' will eventually go.
- Seasoning the Pork Chops to your liking w/ the Cajun Seasoning. Sear the Pork Chops for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side on med-high heat. Just enough to get a nice quick brown to them. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combined your already prepared stuffing, the cooked diced up pork sausage, the apples, raisins, and green onions. To add some moisture to the mixture gradually mix in the apple juice. Seasoning the entire mixture w/ Cajun Season (Emeril's Essence) and Parsley. I tend to season heavy w/ the Cajun Seasoning.
- Place your Pork Chops in a glass casserole dish. Open the precut pockets in the pork and stuff each pork chop w/ the stuffing mixture. Place the remaining stuffing around the Pork chops.
- Bake at 400 degrees in a glass casserole dish until the meat is no longer pink (about 1 hour- 1 1/2 hrs). If the stuffing starts to get too dry before the meat is done cooking just pour some additional apple juice on it.