Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice, hearty Fall breakfast. Use your favorite pancake mix.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 0.59 ml pumpkin pie spice (or just nutmeg)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml pancake mix
- 118.29 ml apple, shredded
- 158.51 ml milk
- 226.79 g bulk pork sausage, browned, drained and crumbled
- 29.58 ml oil
- CIDER SYRUP: In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice; stir in apple cider and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute.
- Stir in butter. Reduce heat just to keep syrup warm while making pancakes.
- Heat griddle.
- PANCAKES: In small bowl, beat egg on high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in pancake mix, milk, oil and cinnamon.
- Fold in apples and sausage.
- Grease griddle lightly before making each batch.
- Pour batter from 1/4 cup measuring cup onto hot griddle. Bake until bubbles appear, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve with hot Cider Syrup.
I made this for dinner tonight. I only had apple cinnamon pancake mix and was afraid that it would make it too strong. But the flavor wasn't overpowering at all. It seemed spot on. As for the topping, some of us liked the cider syrup and others preferred them with traditional maple. I did a little of both! I wish we could give half stars. My family was evenly divided between rating this 4 or 5 stars. So consider this a 4 1/2 star rating. A great dinner for a chilly night!
Great recipe you have here Mike, as I doubled this for relavies visiting this week. Used nutmeg in the cider syrup, and these definately were a pleaser. Made for a great addition to our breakfast this morning. Planon saving this one. Made for PRMRtag.
Absolutely delicious! Wanted to serve with some fresh sliced apples, but nobody wanted to wait! The cider syrup would be great as a dip for them. Thnx for sharing your recipe, mikekey. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.