Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on another site. I love dipping breakfast sausages in pancake syrup, so I can't wait to try this one out!
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium green apples, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For the pancakes: Stir together pancake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl; beat eggs in separate bowl until lemony; stir in milk and oil.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Fold in shredded apple and cooked sausage.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F; griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with Cider Syrup.
- For the Cider Syrup: in medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice; stir in apple cider and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.