Recipe by bigbadbrenda
I found this in a Betty Crocker book . Breakfast or brunch food is a delight to find if its easy to make at the same time. You can use turkey sauage if you want to substitute at the same time.
Top Review by kellychris
My DD did not[ like this. It "grew" on me the more I ate, but she did not like the apples and sausage.( It may have been the kind I used). I may try this again.....Thanks for sharing....made for the British leg of ZWT6 for the Xtra Hot Dishes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 chopped apples
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 13x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage over med-high heat 5-7 min until no longer pink.
- Stir in apple pie filling and chopped apples .
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and top with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Mix Bisquick and milk,salt ,pepper and eggs with a whisk until blended.
- Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
- Bake 30-37 min or until knife comes out clean.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 3-5 min longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.