Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Something a little different for a brunch.
- 2 lbs sausage meat
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs or 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press lightly into a greased ring mold.
- Bake 1 hour at 350F degrees.
- Cool about 15 minutes and then invert onto plate to serve.
darlene had this recipe also she said serve with fruit bowls and toast or muffins
I was just going to post this as it goes well with Napolean French Toast which I just posted.
This was easy and a nice change of pace from the usual breakfast casseroles. I used maple sausage, which added a nice flavor to it. I baked the ring in a stoneware bundt pan, and it came out wonderfully. I'll be making this again, maybe for Christmas morning this year - it would be great when family is here. Thanks for sharing, SuzieQue!