Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful and flavorful meat dish. A definate keeper in my cookbook. Please note: I did not have the meat tenderizer, so used nothing and it was fine.
- 5 -6 pork chops
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 3⁄4 cups applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Brown chops.
- Drain off fat and place in casserole.
- Mix minced garic clove, meat tenderizer, flour and salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water in pan and add flour mixture.
- Mix well and add applesauce and lemon juice.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake one hour at 375 degrees.
I omitted the meat tenderizer....cooked these in a covered skillet on top of the stove instead of in the oven and they came out very tasty and very tender. Thanks!
Delicious and tender! The entire family enjoyed these chops. I used homemade applesauce. Since my pan drippings were runny, I thickened them with flour and served them over rice along with the chops and steamed broccoli. Thanks for a great fall meal that we'll enjoy again.