Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170.
- Serve desired amount. Cool leftovers, transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO USE FROZEN CHICKEN: Thaw them in refrigerator overnight. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
So sweet that we could not eat it. Next time I will omit the brown sugar and try it that way. If you like super sweet you might like this!
Yum Yum! Very good, I'll make this again:) Made for PAC 2012