Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband's favorite dessert !!!
Make and share this Apple Sauce, Banana and Raisin Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices of chopped bread
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of dried raisins
- 1 1⁄2 bananas
- 1 cup half and half milk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Step 1:Heat oven to 350 F.
- Step 2: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan, then add chopped apple. Stir and add honey, cane sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Then add raisins. Cook until apple soft.
- Step 2: Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and whip until smooth.
- Step 3: Grease small bowl with remainder of butter, then layer apple sauce, sliced bananas, then bread. Layer to top of bowl. Then pour milk over top.
- Bake in oven in shallow pan of water for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream. Enjoy your dessert.