Recipe by Petalpages
An easy and healthy recipe for no-sugar apple sauce. Play with the type of apple you use. For a sweeter sauce, use a sweeter apple, like Macintosh or Golden Delicious. For tart sauce, use Granny Smiths or Fuji. You can omit the spices if you prefer, too.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Put apples and water into medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, still covered, stirring occasionally.
- Mash apples with fork or potato masher (they should yield easily).
- Return to heat for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spices.
- Serve warm or cold.