Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
adapted from Marcia Adams' Heirloom recipes we like to use Jonathan or red rome apples..whatever your personal preference is
- 10 small red apples, cored, diced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Prepare the apples and cut them into a large bowl.
- Add the celery and pecans and toss until combined and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, sour cream and mayonnaise.fold in the raisins.
- .In a chilled mixer bowl, whip the cream until just stiff, then fold it into the sour cream mixture -- combining gently, but well.
- Pour over the apples and toss lightly until the apples are coated.
- Serve in a large bowl lined with the lettuce.