Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful holiday salad.
- 1⁄2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 8 lettuce leaves, Bibb
- 3⁄4 cup brie cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In blender place vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and process 15 to 20 seconds until smooth. Pour in container, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- In large bowl, stir together apples, celery and cranberries. Divide evenly among 8 lettuce lined salad plates.
- Top each salad with cheese and walnuts. Sereve with cranberry vinaigrette.
Temptation overcame me in substituting whole-berry cranberry sauce here (I always stock it), but it pureed well enough in the blender, though the flavor might have been a bit more intense! Still, the salad was ABSOLUTELY GREAT, & we thoroughly enjoyed it ~ Definitely a salad worth making during the end-of-year holidays! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
A tasty salad! Next time, I will omit the sugar from the dressing (I used Splenda this time and thought it would have been sweet enough with just the cranberry sauce) and increase the amts of vinegar and OJ to 4 T each to thin it out a bit. I did sub out some of the apple for pear which was great. Do not leave out the celery, as it breaks up the sweet of the salad nicely. Thanks for sharing!!!
This has a most delicious list if ingredients and the dressing is such a great colour for Xmas. I used 1 apple here and raspberry vinegar instead of rice vinegar. My lettuce was a shredded iceberg one. Lovely salad to have on our Xmas table.