Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad is wonderful all year round. It's very flavorful and so easy to make. If you like apples you'll love this salad.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Fold in apples and pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving fold in the peanuts.
What a different way to put together a fruit salad, at least for me it is! Used 2 Gala & 2 Granny Smiths AND a rounded cup of peanuts! Definitely need to make this one when company is here during the winter holidays! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]