Recipe by msjill111
This salad is wonderful all year round. It's very flavorful and so easy to make. If you like apples you'll love this salad.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What a different way to put together a fruit salad, at least for me it is! Used 2 Gala & 2 Granny Smiths AND a rounded cup of peanuts! Definitely need to make this one when company is here during the winter holidays! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Fold in apples and pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving fold in the peanuts.