Recipe by Judikins
A recently developed recipe I put together from lack of bananas (too much potassium for my system), but loaded with great flavors. It's easy as pie, to boot!
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I'll give a great 5 star, because it's very much deserved...my family didn't care for the cheese chunks with their fruit, but oh, well... haha! I took a pic of it today with a pizza party that I threw for my son. :D I used fat free strawberry/banana yogurt, so we'll adjust that name. LOL! The wildest thing...I had every single ingredient in all of the correct chopped ways it said and happened across this. :) Thanks! Amy
- 1 fuji apple, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bartlett pear, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 pitted dates, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into guess what
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (or nuts of your pleasure)
- 1 bunch of split grapes (you choose)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat banana yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except yogurt into attractive serving bowl and toss gently.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon to yogurt; mix well and lightly fold into fruit.
- A slight squeeze of fresh lemon helps all to come alive--your choice.
- Another flavor of yogurt can be substituted but then you'll have to give it a new name.
- Have fun and enjoy!