Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite fall salads. Especially with freshly picked apples from the orchard. You can leave out the nuts and sprinkle them on later to keep them from going soft.
- 8 medium apples (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (cut in half)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes (cut in half)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 3⁄4-1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together well and stir into salad.
- Eat immediately as nuts go soft after it sits for a while.
I submitted a review but think I forgot to give it a rating.Rita1
This is one of my favourite salads as well because fresh celery and fresh apples are two of my favourite foods. I enjoyed this salad today as did my dad. The only change I made was of using plain toasted sunflower seeds instead of peanuts. We generally like to avoid the dressings on the salad. Hence, I cannot vouch for the dressing because I haven't made that. However, we "loved" this fresh wonderful salad. Many thank you's from both of us!