Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My friend Beverly gave me this recipe; it is a winner.
- 2 large red apples, unpeeled and cubed (I like Gala Apples)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 cups seedless white grapes
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted pecans, broken
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Make dressing by combining the reserved pipeapple juice, sugar, butter and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water; add to the pineapple mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thick and smooth.
- Chill completely before stirring in mayonnaise and poppy seeds.
- Combine apples, pineapple chunks and grapes in large bowl.
- Add chilled dressing; refrigerate until time to serve.
- Stir in pecans right before serving for maximum crunchiness.