Recipe by Ceezie
This salad is made with Lemon Jello and so good as a nice winter salad for lunch or as a side dish. I have even served this as dessert. You can also se mini-bundt pans or a decorative mold and serve over lettuce with apple slices.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar. Boil three minutes. Add Jell-0. Stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- Fold in apples, nuts, celery, and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-inch square pan. Chill until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves.