Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A bit of a variation on Waldorf Salad. With low-fat or nonfat mayo, it's a low-cal treat. This amount only serves 2-3 people, but it's easy to double (and redouble) for larger numbers.
- 2 large Red Delicious apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 2⁄3 cup crushed pineapple with juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and blend the dressing with the fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Delicious, satisfying and didn't miss the fat a bit. Used fresh pineapple and dried cranberries.
This is really good. I made it because I had everything on hand and needed to use up some apples. I forgot to put the mayo in the dressing, so it was kinda juicy, but the flavor was delicious. I probably will continue to omit it because I didn't miss it. Very good! Thanks for posting.
I like the fact that this recipe is low-fat. The apples together with the pineapple was a pleasant mixture. Unfortunately, I think that it was also bland. The dressing could really use some more spice, sweet, tang (not to mention color)... something to bring out the flavors of the fruit and enliven the senses. Wish I could give it more than three stars.