Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low fat version of Waldorf Salad that tastes more like a dessert. Another lost and found recipe from my 35 year collection.
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (low fat or regular)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, unpeeled,chopped (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Mix yogurt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in apples, celery and pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerte.
- Before serving, add sunflower seeds and toss.
This is a great summer recipe!! I chose this because my mother is on a low cholesterol diet. We were looking for something healthy and low-fat and low-cholesterol. The yogurt combined with the cinnamon and the natural sugar in the apples and pineapple make this a sweet tasting salad without paying for it.
This was excellent. My DH hates yogurt and would not believe that it was in this salad. Thanks
Super delicious and I have now made it several times. I have paired it with a sandwich, a pork chop meal, and even had it for breakfast. Thank you for sharing the recipe!