You may adjust the amount of sage to taste, this stuffing is baked in the oven in a dish :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced small
- 5 stalks celery, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons whole dried sage
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 (450 g) harvest grain bread, chopped to a medium dice
- 1 liter turkey broth or 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons whole fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pan, melt butter on med-high heat.
- 2Saute onion, celery, garlic and apple.
- 3Add sage, pinch of nutmeg and the bread cubes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium.
- 5Add stock and fresh herbs.
- 6Season and taste.
- 7Remove from heat; place in an oven-proof roasting pan.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Sage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.9
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1023.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: