1/4 Photos of Apple Sage Roast Turkey
3 hrs 20 mins
This is a typical sage roasted turkey with a little bit of an extra punch. This attractive turkey also lends itself to a fantastic gravy.
My Private Note
Whole T ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan over medium heat, stir 1/3 cup apple cider, jelly, and butter until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Rub the turkey inside and out with the 2 tablespoons apple cider and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Gently loosen the skin over the entire turkey breast by inserting fingertips between skin and flesh.
- 5Slide as many sage leaves as you want under the skin and place the skin back in place.
- 6Stuff the neck and body cavities of turkey loosely with apple wedges and some more sage leaves, making sure to reserve a few for garnish.
- 7Close both cavities with skewers.
- 8Truss the turkey and brush with cider mixture.
- 9Roast according to weight.
- 10Serve the turkey garnished with reserved sage leaves and additional apple slices.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Sage Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (6801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9862.2
- Calories from Fat 4359
- Total Fat 484.4 g
- Saturated Fat 152.5 g
- Cholesterol 3826.6 mg
- Sodium 3910.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 195.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 145.4 g
- Protein 1115.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: