Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This jelly goes well with roast pork or with toasted cheese sandwiches. Iusually pour into various size jars so the number of jars depends on the sizes used. The quantities can be easily increased but you would need to increase 2nd cooking time. Good Christmas present, or for school fete.
- Juice the lemons and keep the pips.
- Peel and core the apples then slice and mix with the lemon juice and seeds. Add the water and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Pour apples into a muslin bag and drain collecting the liquid.
- Discard pulp. Don't force the liquid out or the jelly will be cloudy. Measure out 2 cups.
- Mix the sugar with the strained liquid in a clean pan and stir until sugar is dissolved, then boil for 20 mins and check temperature - 140C for jelly to set.
- Remove from heat and stand for 10 mins then lift off any scum.
- Add the rosemary and laddle into sterlised warm jars, seal.
- Invert for 2 mins and then turn upright and let cool.
- Once opened refridgerate.