1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This jelly goes well with roast pork or with toasted cheese sandwiches. Iusually pour into various size jars so the number of jars depends on the sizes used. The quantities can be easily increased but you would need to increase 2nd cooking time. Good Christmas present, or for school fete.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Juice the lemons and keep the pips.
- 2Peel and core the apples then slice and mix with the lemon juice and seeds. Add the water and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- 3Pour apples into a muslin bag and drain collecting the liquid.
- 4Discard pulp. Don't force the liquid out or the jelly will be cloudy. Measure out 2 cups.
- 5Mix the sugar with the strained liquid in a clean pan and stir until sugar is dissolved, then boil for 20 mins and check temperature - 140C for jelly to set.
- 6Remove from heat and stand for 10 mins then lift off any scum.
- 7Add the rosemary and laddle into sterlised warm jars, seal.
- 8Invert for 2 mins and then turn upright and let cool.
- 9Once opened refridgerate.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Rosemary Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 146.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g