Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious easy to make salad. The recipe is courtesy of Wine Rose Restaurant, Lodi, Ca.
Make and share this Apple Romaine Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced fine
- 1 bunch chives, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄4 apples, grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested and juice squeezed out
- 1 -2 head romaine lettuce, sliced moderately thin
- 3⁄4 cup candied pecans
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 1 cup apple, diced
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine,Dressing can be made a day ahead of time if needed.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all salad ingredients and then toss with dressing.
I thoroughly enjoyed this unique salad. I loved the contrast of the crunchy apples with the rich, pungent blue cheese. The dressing was very unusual but I enjoyed it. I whirled the dressing in my food processor and it turned a very pretty pink color with little red specks from the red onion.
Oh my goodness! This salad was awesome! I had to print out the recipe for everyone and my (diabetic) grandfather ate the remaining salas, right out of the bowl!! Fabulous! I made my own "Candied Pecans" by using 1 1/2 cups pecans, 2 tbsp margarine & 4-5 tbsp brown sugar in a skillet.