Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a delicious and easy to prepare dessert inspired by the famous banana turon from the Philippines. Scrumptious!!! Note: Sauce needs to be made a few minutes in advance as this needs to chill a little bit before drizzling over the turon.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups peeled and cubed apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour, dissolved in a little bit of water
- 10 pieces lumpia skins or 10 pieces spring roll wrappers
- oil (for deep frying)
For Creamy Coffee Sauce
- 1 (300 ml) can condensed milk
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- For the creamy coffee sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. CHILL.
- Melt butter/margarine in a pan. Add apples, and sugar and cook over moderate heat; stirring occasionally until apples become tender.
- Add cinnamon and flour. Mix well. Cook until thickened. Set aside and let cool.
- Put about 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple filling in a lumpia wrapper. Roll up and seal well. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden and drain in paper towels.
- Drizzle with chilled sauce.
Our friends fiance is from the Phillipines and she really was thrilled to see the Turon rolls ready to cook up the other night. She enjoyed this version of the traditional Turon very much - so did we! Thank you for sharing.