Recipe by Lady Danio
What do you do when you have some old apples and a wedge of brie hanging out in your fridge? Make dinner, of course! This is a great side dish that goes well with Apple-Stuffed Sage Chicken and Brie.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- This can be cooked over the stove or in a rice cooker. If using a rice cooker, simply combine all the ingredients and stir occasionally until done.
- If cooking over the stove, use a medium saucepan. Melt butter and saute onion and apple over medium heat until softened. Stir in rice and almonds. Increase heat and add 1/4 cup of broth, waiting until broth you've added has been absorbed before pouring in another 1/4 cup.
- When broth has all been absorbed and rice is sticky, the dish has finished cooking. Garnish with sliced almonds.