Recipe by MizzNezz
Great apple taste. Yummy with ham.
Top Review by Culinary Creationist
Overall, it was a good recipe. Next time however, I think I would add a little cinamon to the batter for a little extra flavor. I served mine with icecream, but if you sprinkled them with cinamon and sugar I think they would be good plain as well. Made for An Apple a Day.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and cut into rings
- oil (for frying)
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, vanilla, milk, and lemon jce.
- Dip rings to cover.
- In deep skillet heat oil to about 375*.
- Fry rings, in batches of 3 or 4 for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels and dust with sugar on both sides.