Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried these yet, but they sound interesting. I think the recipe might have originally come from Pampered Chef. If you try it, let us know how you like it!
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 cup pancake mix (any type)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup milk
- Peel, core and slice apples using Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Or core the apple, peel it, and cut it into thin rings; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Heat lightly greased griddle over medium heat.
- Place an apple ring on the griddle. Slowly pour 1/4 cup batter over apple ring, starting in center. Use just enough batter to cover each ring, Less then 1/4 cup.
- Repeat with additional apple slices.
- Cook until bubbles begin to appear. Turn, cook other side until lightly browned.
- If any apple juice stays on Griddle, wipe it off with lightly oiled paper
- towel. Serve pancakes with butter and maple flavored syrup.
Wow this is amazing. I had enough of the pancake batter to do more than one apple. I used the cinnamon and also added 1/2 tsp apple pie spice. The batter is perfect for this recipe. I dipped the apple slices in the batter first then on the griddle, then poured about 1/8 of a cup of batter slowly over the apple. I found that a med heat griddle was a little to cool so I used a hotter griddle temp. I served with apple butter. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, one I will be making again. Made for My3Chefs game.