Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is delicious, very good served with warm, crusty French bread!
- 1 (16 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped golden delicious apple
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- Prepare rice mixture according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese, apple, mushrooms and celery to rice; toss to mix.
- Spoon mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 15 minutess.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake till cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
I love this recipe! I made a couple of alterations and did not use mushrooms or celery, but instead chick peas and white onion. I also used mild goat cheddar cheese from the farmer's market.