Recipe by HappySphinx
My husband LOVES rice pudding. I like using my appliances for everything, and have taken to modifying everything I can for the appliances that do all the work. here is a really good one. My DH tends to like alot of texture in his stuff. you can leave out the apples and raisins if you prefer and it turns out just as great. NOTE: when you look in there, it may look like it is over cooking. it is an illusion. Just stir it up.
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup short-grain white rice (Carolina Gold is recommended)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- Put the rice, salt, 3 cups of boiling water, raisins, apples, and nutmeg. in the rice maker.
- Tell the rice cooker to 'cook'.
- When the rice cooker says it is done or switches to 'warm', stir in the condensed milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Tell the rice cooker to 'cook' again.
- When it switches to 'warm' again or says it is done cooking, evaluate.
- If there is too much liquid in your rice pudding for your preference, you can tell the cooker to 'cook' again.
- garnish with cinnamon.