Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband LOVES rice pudding. I like using my appliances for everything, and have taken to modifying everything I can for the appliances that do all the work. here is a really good one. My DH tends to like alot of texture in his stuff. you can leave out the apples and raisins if you prefer and it turns out just as great. NOTE: when you look in there, it may look like it is over cooking. it is an illusion. Just stir it up.
- Put the rice, salt, 3 cups of boiling water, raisins, apples, and nutmeg. in the rice maker.
- Tell the rice cooker to 'cook'.
- When the rice cooker says it is done or switches to 'warm', stir in the condensed milk, vanilla, and butter.
- Tell the rice cooker to 'cook' again.
- When it switches to 'warm' again or says it is done cooking, evaluate.
- If there is too much liquid in your rice pudding for your preference, you can tell the cooker to 'cook' again.
- garnish with cinnamon.
Outstanding....I would not change a thing, I bought the rice cooker yesterday and have been trying a couple of different things...this one was great.
This was awesome! No changes needed. I used real vanilla beans, which made it even more amazing.
This was a nice holiday treat in between huge family meals. This makes a pretty big batch and since it's pretty heavy I'd recommend halving the recipe. Would I make it again? Probably only for the holidays with a large crowd who actively likes rice pudding. Otherwise it will mostly go to waste for me and my crowd. But it was good so at least give it a go.